Thursday, July 26, 2007

Proud Mommy!

I have never been more proud of my children this morning. For the last 3 days, we have been talking about shots to Nadia. She got her 2 shots today due to the trip we are going to do in August abroad. I scheduled her appointments the same time with Aidan's continuing vaccines appointment. Both me and Ammar talked about how it will be, it will be a little bit hurting, but it will make her strong to the actual disease, she won't get sick, what not.
I also played the Bear's House movie about shots.

I was a bit nervous last night that I asked Ammar if he could come along to the clinic just because I am not comfortable having 2 crying kids after the shots. He said he couldn't come because he is having a meeting with the division chief. Oh well. It turned out he drove me over to the clinic, waited with Nadia in the waiting room, and left to the hospital. I was left with 2 kids.

I talked with Nadia again about the shots, bragging her that I would be proud of her and have a special brave girl's present ready in my bag.

Nadia got the shots first, she squinted and moved her legs a bit while I am holding her hands, and believe it or not, she is not crying at all. Then she got the second one, she was so brave. I could see her face turned red holding it but, no crying!. She got her self-picked Curious George bandaids for both thighs. Then she sat down to wait for Aidan's turn, happily and smiled proudly.
I gave her the present and she loved them. It's Lightning McQueen and Sally cars.

It's Aidan's turn. He got oral rotavirus vaccine and 1 shots, the Hep. B. He cried like 5 seconds only. I hold him and we all walked out the doctor's office happily, no one cried.

I walked out the door, thinking, that was the easiest appointments ever, very very proud of them.

As a present, we went to see the B's family again for Urban Toddler's playdate. It's 4.25 pm, and we just got home! What a wonderful day.

No comments: