Saturday, July 21, 2007


Life has been so busy lately. It's summer and we all just go bananas enjoying the weather. Of course, Nadia sometimes skips her naps just to enjoy what Ann Arbor can offer during the summer months.

We are so blessed that we surrounded by so loving families, friends, and families. Not a whole lot but really significant good people. One family in particular, is the B's family. Maria, she is just a georgeous woman, kind, thoughtful (if I can come up with all nice words about her, they are belong to her). I am literally in love with this woman. I consider her as my sister here in the States. She is half Japanese, her mother is Okinawan, and her father is an American. She has a wonderful, beautiful family, 2 kids, one of which Nadia has been telling me that he is going to marry her (oh boy!), and very very nice and smart husband, who coincidently is working at the same cancer center where my husband works. Life is small. It has been 2 years since I met her at Gymboree class, the minute I met her, I knew it that she would be one of the gems that we will be friends forever.

We had girls night out, of course it was Ammar's idea to have just me and Maria time, and she responded very well, we both the fans of Harry Potter, there we went to the cinemas, dressing up like we had a date (yes, we ARE having a date), and for the first time since Aidan was born, I let my long hair just loose freely. At the cinemas, I saw lots of teenagers couples, I can't help not to smile inside, it was way long ago that I had some dates and boy, how lucky I am now that I found the ONE.

We had a 9.30 pm movies, and it was midnight that the movie ended. It was cool outside, so we talked in Maria's car, and of course, so much to say, we ended up getting home at 1.15 am. It was one hell of the wonderful night. Thank you, Maria. I love you so much!

Ammar still waited for me in the bedroom. I told him how much I loved the date with Maria. He suggested for me to have more dates in the future. I think that's a great idea. I love her unconditionally, her children, and of course Oba, her mom.

No comments: