Friday, August 10, 2007

We had a wonderful August 17th celebration. (it's Indonesian's Independence Day). The IndoMichigan groups had some potluck picnic at a wonderful Kensington Park, oversees the lake... Nice food, nice weather, nice photoshoots... my girl didn't want to go home. The photos are coming up, but here is the email from the group about the event today.

Gee. Listening to the Anthem Song today, almost made me cry. I wonder why ? Because I used to sing it every single Mondays during my school years ? Being an American citizen doesn't make me pure American. I still have that feeling of nationality towards Indonesia.

Anyway, here is the comment :
"Our picnic was a great success, we have a great weather, great food and
plenty of it, great company, and most of all we get to see and meet new
people and old friends. I don't have the exact count, but my guess we
have close to 150 - 160 people in attendance this afternoon.

First, I would like to congratulate all our committee members. You put
together this program is such a short time. From thinking about it to
reality in 6 weeks. You have done well !
Thank you Ria, Tri and Ina for providing a great traditional dance at
the picnic.
Pictures will be uploaded to our new website as soon as it's available.

Thank you all for coming and participating, we are looking forward to
have another bigger and better picnic nex year.
Please, let us know if you have any idea/suggestion or would like to
volunteer to be in the committee for next year."

Merdeka !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iya yahh, seru juga acara kemarin. Bill sampe luka jempolnya karena tarik tambang dan ketimpaan ibu2..... baru sembuh hari ini tuhhh..... he he heeeee ........... my Mom was having a GREAT time too..... ditunggu poto2nya yahhhh