Wednesday, August 01, 2007

My mother's little sister died in October 2006, and when I went to Jakarta, I missed to see her. She was diagnosed with cervical, lung cancer, and the whole nine yards a year before she died. Her husband (my uncle) was a huge smoker, day and night, as far as I remember, he always smokes every time I see him. So, my aunt became a passive smoker.
Everything was done to make her better, from going back and fourth between Jakarta, Medan and Singapore, she tried so hard to live longer. My sister, who is a physician, came along with her all the time to talk to the doctors in Singapore.
2 months after she was diagnosed, her husband was also diagnosed with cancer in larynx. Of course, after that he stopped smoking.
I feel so sorry for the only daughter, who got this news about her parents. Thanks God, she got married right before her mom passed away. I saw her in Jakarta, in December 2006, great news, she was pregnant.
I talked to my sister yesterday and she told me that my uncle passed away last week.

God, please help their daughter and grandchild (I am so happy that Laura, my cousin, got a chance to introduce her son to her father, which I have never got that chance with my own father).

Inna lillahi, wa inna lillahi roji'un.

P.S.: Please, please, please, readers, stop smoking, or don't even try to smoke.

No comments: