Tuesday, September 25, 2007



TIRAMISU RECIPE

I love Tiramisu, but only once I tried the awesome tiramisu from one of the restaurant in Boston, in 1996, ever since I tasted so many tiramisu which was not so great according to my memory of "good Tiramisu", so I created this Recipe after searching for some recipes I found and I changed it here and there, made it, tasted it, after 3 attempts, finally I found the Ultimate Tiramisu Recipe. This recipe has been travelled all over the place thanks to Anna.. hahahha.... so I decided to just put it on the blog so everyone, especially the Tiramisu lover can make your own and enjoy it.

I called her yesterday, it has been soooo long that I haven't made the tiramise, the recipe was in my head, but then I lost it just like my computer, losing memory... (effect of too busy with kids ? hahaha), so I asked her for the recipe.

It's so funny to open up my e-mail this morning and found my own e-mail I sent for Anna my friend in 2003 for the Tiramisu Recipe she asked.

Enjoy!

From: sari@charter.net
To: annadj96@hotmail.com
Subject: recipe
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:19:50 -0500

Hey Anna,

Ini resepnya.

Tiramisu

1 oz of Mascarpone cheese (better with the tiramisu style mascarpone cheese)
2 package lady finger
1/3 cup granulated sugar + 1 spoonful of sugar
1 shot/cup expresso coffee, let it cool down before you start.
2 eggs.
cocoa powder unsweetened
3 spoons of Kahlua (optional)

How :
separate the eggs, white and yellow eggs in separate bowl. (the container of the white eggs is much smaller than the container of the yellow eggs)

Put 1 spoonful of sugar on the white eggs, and 1/3 cups of sugar on the yellow eggs.

Beat white eggs with mixer until stiff.

Beat yellow eggs until the color is pale yellow. Put the mascarpone cheese, beat slowly with the lowest speed until it blends.

Put white eggs on the yellow eggs mixture and mix slowly and carefully with spatula until it blends

Prepare for the pan. 9x9 inch pan.

1. Dip the ladyfinger in the expresso (note , just let the bottom part of the lady finger wet, not the whole ladyfinger is dipped.
2. Put it on the first layer on the pan.
3. Put 1/2 of the mixture ton the top of the ladyfinger layer.
4. sprinkle with cocoa powder evenly.
5. Do 1-4

PS. You can double the ingredients and just use the common sense of dividing ingredients (lady finger and the mixture) when doing the layers.

You can decorate it with shaved white chocolate for entertaining purpose.

Enjoy.

LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT AFTER TRYING THIS ULTIMATE RECIPE.

No comments: