Sunday, September 23, 2007

Phew!!! Sad, happy at the same time.

It started on Thursday morning, after updating the blogspots of the kids, I shutted down my powerbook macintosh. Then I opened up later on, there was really bad sound coming from the machine!!! My apple doesn't open... big time failure!!! It stopped working. Nada!!!

I was frantic. My apple is like my life... I called the Apple care, thanks God I bought the extended warranty, and it is still under warranty until December...

They tried to solve the problem over the phone. Nothing, just a white screen with Apple sign on it.. still making scary noises (I know, halloween is coming, but this is more scary for me). I just put some pictures and I haven't backed up my computer yet!!!!!

They made me an appointment to visit the apple store in Ann Arbor, I had to do it on Friday because Nadia was not at school, so we had fun on Thursday with Aidan. I was so sad, the whole time. I tried to convince Ammar to get me a new one.. he said ... no... sigh!!!! I said, just get me the cheap one, he said no because he doesn't want to buy the lower end of apple... just wait another year.. actually it's his turn to have the new laptop.. hahaha... Okay.. so I waited.

I visited the mall with Aidan and leave my Apple there. I got a phone call at night, saying that they changed the optical drive, but the hard drive failed to connect, means they wanted to change the hard drive, too. It MEANS : I WILL LOSE ALL MY DATAS!!! I asked them if they can save it to my LACIE hard drive.. they said the hard drive was a complete failure... Oh what can you do.. I asked them to do it.

I picked up my computer today with Nadia. Had fun at the mall and stopped by at Milla's house... I got a brand new computer, new hard drive, new optical drive, and the most fun thing : They put the newest software and operating system which if I buy the upgrade will cost me $300. This time, I love the extended warranty. It worths every penny.

Now, I got the newest Mac OS X Tiger, with the newest iLife 06... YAY!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurrayyyyy...... so GLAD you have your new 'pal'..... the latest tech! wouww!!!
I hope this time, it will last yearsssss....
did you ask the technician, the caused of last damaged compie, just to avoid making the same mistake ;o)

Sari said...

Lisa, I feel like I have a NEW Apple laptop!!! Hehehe

Something was weird, Arfan's (Ammar's brother) laptop was also needed repair, something wrong with the hard drive... so we suspicious that the airports's security checks in Middle East were too harsh on the laptops.. We guess they use too many magnetic waves.....

The lesson : Don't travel with laptops anymore.. hehehe, and buy extended warranty for Apple. The genius bar at the Apple store were really nice.