Tuesday, April 01, 2008


Jalan Sesama from Sesame Workshop.

We got home from Florida and found a package in front of our door and I was wondering.. hmm... I have not ordered anything on the net lately... I wonder what it was...

I took that UPS package inside, showed it to Ammar, and I opened... I found 4 sesame street characters and a DVD with 4 Jalan Sesama episodes, samples.

I was so excited. I remember that I had this information from my friend whose wife is Indonesian and he said his son loves the new Jalan Sesama episodes airs on Indonesian Television. They are now living in Indonesia and works at the American Foreign Post, he said he got DVDs because he is a member. Talking about how fun to have a bilingual children, I got so excited to have this, too and show it to Nadia and Aidan. After I talked to him, I immediately went online and search for Jalan Sesama, I talked to a really nice woman, her name is Beatrice Chow in NYC, and she said she would love to send some samples. I asked her if they decided to put the DVD on the market, to let me know.

Wow, seeing the whole package she sent, I couldn't believe that she sent the whole 4 characters plush toys in addition to the sample.

I remember my friend's little brother learnt lots of English from Sesame Street played on Indonesian TV, so this "Jalan Sesama" should work the same to teach my 4 year old some Indonesian and its culture.



No comments: