Monday, December 24, 2007

We are back home safe and sound, just in time to enjoy the christmas holiday.. well... we don't celebrate it, but the holiday seasons are so beautiful here, snow on the ground, decorations in town, lots of greeting cards, lots of phone calls from friends and neighbors, and of course, we can have our own time, getting slowed down on the holiday season until new year, usually everything is slowing down, except the stores, of course. 
It has been a long time we didn't cuddle all together, lying down on the carpet, jumping on each other bodies, including Aidan. He loves the new game and having Ammar so relax lately, we just love the vacation, just our family, no work involved and no hospital services. 

One thing comes in my mind.. I think I miss having a small house. It's not that I don't appreciate our big house, but having a small house is so much easier to manage and tidy up. Organizing is a breeze. I miss my small house in Massachusetts, and I miss my friends there, too. I miss my mom and my siblings. 
I love my house now, but it takes more of our spare time to maintain it, while in a small house, you spend more time cuddling with children and family.

We talked about this, I think if we ever move again, I would love just to have a 3 bedroom townhouse in a gated community with all the luxury we can have just paying the monthly fees.
No more huge house, no more huge and hard to maintain 1.5 acres of yard, no more spending hours and weekends on house! 

I also miss our housecleaner in Massachusetts. Still couldn't find the exact person who does the great job of my high demanding meticulously cleaning ... I love my house to be clean and spotless, with our house cleaner now.. she still not doing it... we are now debating between keeping our housecleaner team from the Company or keeping the newer girl we just hired. She is very thorough, but very very slow!

Can't complain enough, we now have a lovely baby sitter from Brazil, Ana. Nadia and Aidan adore her so much!

Happy Holidays, Happy Ied, Happy New Year 2008.


No comments: