Saturday, March 10, 2007

It's been an exhausting 2 weeks after Aidan was born. My mother is not a great help for sure, so I am sooo lack of sleep that makes me having a stubborn headache for the last 4 days. Ammar has been so a great help during this time, he usually pick Aidan up from his bedroom at around 11 pm-12 am... then I ended up sleeping in Aidan's room through morning. He still wakes up 1-2 times, but it just a big adjustments again to keep waking up every 2-3 hours.
Ammar made me promise to sleep at least 4 hours straight, but I can't keep my promise, there are so many things I needed to do around the house, can't see the dirty house eventhough the maid will come on Monday to clean up, I ended up vacuuming (very very slowly due to the pain still on my stitches) the whole first floor of our house.. now, I can relax my eyes from all the crumbs in the kitchen!!!

It's Friday night, while Ammar spent time with little Nadia, bathing her, getting her ready for bed, I was nursing Aidan, and I could not open my eyes, I ended up sleeping with him in my bed... Ammar got Aidan, put him to his bed, and so sudden I felt like ... wow.... what happened ? My breast felt so full, and I wonder if Aidan had been awake... Ammar came to the bedroom after 5 minutes, it was 1 am, he just finished up his lecture for the 14th... and he told me, Aidan woke up 2 hours after he slept with me, he gave him the milk I expressed, and he finished it all, and I slept for a straight 5 hours!

Since Aidan was born, we really feel that we are the luckiest family... I was a bit worry about our relationship because Ammar's friend who just got a baby boy (second one), got divorced right after the baby boy arrived... and I always wonder what will happened after Aidan is born.... fortunately, since he was born, we bonded more and more and realize how lucky we are to have 2 healthy and beautiful children. Even Nadia got the sense of what a family is all about.

Ammar, if you read this... I love you so much, my darling. Thank you for everything.

No comments: