Sunday, August 03, 2008

My dear cousin, whose father just passed away.... wrote this in her multiply.... I can't help to steal her writing about her father, which all true, despite of his fame in Indonesia, we all just know they way he was, just a simply great person. I love him dearly and I am in mourning, reading this writing my cousin, Ima did, brought tears in my eyes again.

Here is what she said (Ima, sorry I stole this from you, it's just so beautiful that I couldn't help it)

Innalillahi wa innailaihi raaji'uun...


My father passed away today...2 August 2008...

I received the news at 4am (GMT) from my mom and my sister. And I got an sms too from one of his aides that simply said, "Telah berpulang ke Rahmatullah, Dr. Muhammad Imaduddin Abdulrahim (Bang Imad)..." - then everything seemed to be a blur...my initial reaction was to figure out whether to go home or not. After careful consideration and discussions with my family, it was decided that I shouldn't rush home as I would not make it in time. The flight from the UK to Indonesia would be too long arriving too late and it would mean delaying my dad's funeral. I was told that I should pray for him from afar and that would be all right.


I was told that he passed away in peace...I thank Allah for that.

I'm just sad that I never got to say good bye properly, and to tell him that I love him.

But deep inside I know that he knew...

I pray to Allah that he died knowing that no matter what...I love him.

We may not have spoken much in the past couple of years, but I never stopped hoping that he will see the person that I have become and be proud.


In the past 24 hours there has been an outpour of condolences, kind words from people who saw him as a mentor, a teacher, a fighter...and to me he is all of that...

I share the experience of many who see him as a mentor and a teacher...but there is one thing that I know him as, that only my sisters and I can stake claim to...as Daddy.

And no one can take that away from us...He will forever be...Daddy.

The side of him that not many people saw...the daddy that loved ice cream and chocolates, the daddy that would indulge us with books every chance he got, the daddy that always smelled wonderful in the morning just before he went to work, the daddy that loved classical music, the daddy who couldn't figure out how to work the video timer, the daddy who got very upset when I had to get glasses at the age of 10 because I read too much, the daddy who could be won over simply by a hug and a kiss on the cheek...and so much more...THAT's the Daddy that I know...and that no one else will ever know.


I will always cherish all the wonderful memories that I have with him, that only my family know...no one else...and no one can take that away from me...

I want to keep it that way...I want to remember only the good memories...the wonderful things he taught me, the inspiration he has been to me for me to become the person I am today. The wonderful ways I witnessed him touching other people's lives with his teachings. The pride that I have in him, and the love that only a daughter can have for her father. I will forever be proud to be his daughter...and carry his name with pride.


Everyday I pray for him...and I will continue to pray for him as long as I live...

I love you, Daddy...

Like you used to always say...I will always be your little girl...


Good bye, Daddy...may Allah bless you to be by His side...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.