Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I am sick.... sick... ugh!!!

Yesterday I got asthma attack, it got better during the day, then at night, I had chills, high fever of 103F. I coughed all night long. Nadia woke up crying, she had muscle spasms on her legs. Ammar sent her back to bed. Aidan cried at night, we let him fall asleep again.
I woke up so restless this morning. My right chest is hurting so much, sharp pain, esp. when I breath in. I have short breaths. 
Ammar called my primary care, Dr. Gradwohl in the morning and he asked me to come to his office. I got x-ray done because both ammar and him suspected me having pneumonia. I went to bldg 9 to get x-ray. Came back to bldg 3 to see Dr. Gradwohl again, he said I had no pneumonia. He gave me prednisone and antibiotic z-pack. 
I am still amazed how the u of Michigan hospital system was awesome. I remember when I got my chest x-ray done, I had to wait a long time for them to read and sent back to the doctor.. within minutes from x-rays done, my doctor could see it right away, on-line.

I went home, went to pharmacy on the way back. I beeped Ammar .. then someone called me with U of Mich number.. I thought it was Ammar, no, it was Dr. Gradwohl. He told me that he got another report from the radiologist.. that I HAVE pneumonia, very very early sign and he told me if I got more pain or things are not getting better to call him again, the same drugs so he doesn't have to change anything.

I got home, Ammar called, Dr. Gradwohl just called him and told him about me... he said not to worry, this might not be a real pneumonia, maybe because I got asthma, I am so prone to the lung disease. Ammar said he would give me extra z-pack if things are not getting better.

Okay... now... I feel so blessed that I have someone who cares so much, I didn't have to call the Primary Care office, to talk to someone about what happened with me... blah blah... Ammar right away called my Primary care, talked about me, and everything is taken care of.
I sent Aidan today for school, so I could get a rest.

I want to go to sleep now.... I am so tired and weak.... I didn't sleep good last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you are feeling better now.
Hope and pray you'll be healthy ASAP!

psst.... take an hour or two to rest, even a machine needs a re-charge.