Monday, September 28, 2009

It's raining all day long and it's cold. This weather makes me feeling blue. I am not supposed to feel that blue, it happens anyway.
Although today I picked up Indonesian dishes, my favorite, the only one I can't make it my own, satay padang, at my bestfriend's house who just launched he catering business, Lemongrazz, came home, send Aidan for nap, and slowly eating my lunch, enjoying every bite of the delicious meal, I feel so blessed. Even though we don't have Indonesian restaurant around, now I can eat my favorite food of all. Thank you, ibu ibu Lemongrazz!
Your catering business made my homesick gone away, I used to miss living back in New York City, going to the asian friendly grocery, finding lots of Indonesian spices, blue band (my favorite), kaffir lime leaves, etc, and going to the Padang Restaurant, just a subway away. It was heaven!

Now that I have kids, I don't miss living in Manhattan, I love living in a quieter place, little town which still have the high family value, wonderful school, and low crime rate.

Life is busy, reading all my friend fb who has nannies, and during Eid Mubarak they have to live without nanny for 2 weeks, makes me think, yes, I am so busy, but boy, I am so proud to be a mommy who really takes care of my children in every count, cook, clean, out for fun with them, preparing their lunches, and you go to bed exhausted, but it makes me feel that life is so short, it is a bless that you can spend the most of your time, loving them, and all you got back is more loves from them to their own mommy, not their nannies.

The kids are getting big, and I am blessed that I am invited to 2 postgraduate school interviews, hopefully I get accepted and could give more to my family and my kids. Leaving tomorrow night for wednesday all day interview. Wish me best of luck.

No comments: